Sorry, we are unable to offer DELE EXAMS in 2022.
We will be back in 2023!!
Please check this website for updates.
DELE - Diplomas de Espanol como Lengua Extranjer (B1 and B2)
The Diplomas in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) are official qualifications certifying the degree of competence and mastery of Spanish, granted by Instituto Cervantes on behalf of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport of Spain. The DELE examination provides for all the different variants of the Spanish language. The University of Salamanca collaborates with Instituto Cervantes in designing exam papers and in grading the tests leading to the Diplomas in Spanish.
The DELE examinations have been designed following the guidelines of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) of the Council of Europe, which ensures a practical way of establishing a standard, international and objective measurement of the level that should be reached at each teaching stage, and in evaluating results. The DELE Diplomas are internationally recognised and enjoy great prestige not only among public and private educational institutions and authorities, but also in the business world and chambers of commerce. They constitute a guarantee in assessing and evaluating linguistic competence in the Spanish language. They are useful to facilitate promotion at work and access to education, both in Spain and in the other countries where the tests are taken. For more information about DELE, please go to the Instituto Cervantes website.
DELE - B1: The Diploma in Spanish (DELE) level B1 accredits language users capacity to:
- Understand the gist of clear texts, in standard language, if they involve well-known topics related to work, studies or leisure.
- Deal with most of the situations that may arise during a trip to where the language is used.
- Produce simple, coherent texts about well-known topics or issues of personal interest.
- Describe experiences, events, wishes and hopes, as well as briefly justify opinions or explain plans.
The DELE B1 is an ideal alternative to AS/A2
DELE - B2: The Diploma in Spanish (DELE) level B2 accredits language users capacity to:
- Understand the gist of complex texts about concrete or abstract themes, even technical texts, provided that they are within the candidates field of specialisation.
- Interact with native speakers with sufficient fluency and spontaneity, so that communication does not constitute an effort for the interlocutors.
- Produce clear and detailed texts about diverse topics, as well as defend a point of view on general topics, stating the pros and cons of the different options.
Language learners at this level are independent. They can express themselves fluently and spontaneously. They have a large vocabulary and can choose the appropriate expression to introduce their comments. They can produce clear, well-structured discourse without hesitation and which shows controlled use of structures.